Kik is one of the most popular instant messaging apps around. The app can be downloaded from the respective app stores for Android or iOS. For PC or Mac, you need to download & setup (hefty) emulators. So, sometimes users don’t really prefer “downloading” the software. They want to use KIK Online. Some of the possible reasons could be:-
- If the app is downloaded from unknown sites, it can be virus-injected. It puts the personal information on your system (personal emails, banking logins, passwords or credit card info) at risk.
- Sometimes the size of the download is too much, and not everyone has TBs of space on their hard disks.
- These softwares often slow down the system, which is another cause of worry.
For these reasons, users need an alternative to Login to their KIK account on the web browser. In this post, we explain the methods you can use to login kik online. It’s very simple – let’s check the steps.
How to Login KIK Online?
– Visit kik’s official website: www.kik.com
– Tap on the kik online option
– Sign up for a kik account. If you already have one, you can log in.
Chrome Extension Method
– Download the Google Chrome browser for your device, if you don’t already have it.
– Visit the extensions section in the chrome web store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extension)
– Search for KIK messenger, and click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ option.
– Now you can start using the KIK app online.
How to Sign up KIK?
Once you have access to kik online, you can sign up for it if you don’t already have an account :
- When you launch the app, you will be greeted with two options: ‘Sign up’ and ‘Log in’, select the ‘Sign up’ option.
- Now fill in the required details. Remember that the First and Last name option will be your display name and you can always come back and change this at any point in time.
- Then you will need to create a username. Your username will be permanent and the way to add friends and contacts, so choose a name that is unique and something that you don’t wish to change later. Ideally, you must use a strong combination of letters, numbers, and characters, to keep your account safe and away from spams.
- Now enter your email address. This will be required to verify your account so make sure to enter a correct working email. It will not be visible to other users.
- Fill in your Birth date, and set a strong password for your account.
- You can also enter your phone number, to sync your contacts. This is entirely voluntary though, and you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.
- Tap on the ‘Sign up’ option and your registration is complete!
- Finally, you would have to verify your email address to start using your account.
How to Login KIK?
If you already have an account on kik, you can log in to it. Remember that you can only use one account from one device at a time, so you would have to remove the app from your phone before logging in online :
- When you launch the app, you will see options: ‘Sign up’ and ‘Log in’, select the ‘Log in’ option.
- Enter the email address that you registered with or your unique username.
- Enter your password.
- Check the ‘Remember me’ box
- Click on ‘Log in’
You may be asked to work through some Captcha code. In case you have forgotten your username or password, you can retrieve it by clicking on the ‘Forgot password’ option, which would send your details to your registered email address. Of course, you would need access to your email.
Q. How do I log into kik on my computer?
A. Officially, kik does not have a desktop version, but you can download the app for your PC and laptops from alternate sources. Here’s how:
– Download an Android emulator on your computer (eg: Bluestacks, Andyroid, etc)
– Launch the emulator and open Google Play store
– Search for kik, and select the first option from the search result
– Click on install and wait while the app is downloaded and installed on your computer
– Once the download is done, you can launch the up and log in to kik from your computer.
Q. Do I have to use all my real information to sign up for kik?
A. One of the reasons why kik is so popular among teenagers is that it is very strict about its anonymity and privacy. All you need to sign up for kik is a working email address, and not a phone number or other private information, and even that will not be displayed on your profile. All that is visible on your profile is your display name, username, and your profile picture. You don’t need to put in your real name as your display name, and you can change it at any time too.
Q. How can I log in if I forget my kik username?
A. You can log in to your kik account with your email address. Your username is visible under your display name on your profile so you can also ask a friend who is in your contact list to check it up for you and tell you. Alternatively, you can also retrieve your username by going to your email and digging out your sign up confirmation email, as it has your username in it.
Q. Can I log in if I forget my kik password?
A. If you forget your password, click on the forgot password option on the screen. Here you will be required to put in your username or email address linked to your account. Remember, that you would need access to your email to retrieve your password. Now when you go to your email account, you’ll find an email from kik with a link that will let you reset your password. You can then log in with your new password.
Q. Kik is not accepting my birth date for sign up, what do I do?
A. If kik is rejecting your birth date for sign up, it probably means that you are underage to make an account. Kik requires you to be 13 or older to sign up for an account, so you’ll either have to wait for a few years, or you can always put in a fake birth date that will make you older than 13 years.