Kik, one of the most popular instant messaging apps, is not just that. It is also a great platform to meet new people and chat with them anonymously in groups and personal chat. It also boasts of features like an inbuilt browser that lets you surf the internet and play games while chatting.
There are two ways to get kik for Android devices, you can either get the app directly from the Google play store, or you can download an apk file from the internet and install it on your device. The android package kit also known as apk, is a file format that is used to distribute and download apps to Android platforms. Apk files are not always strictly legal or trustworthy, so you need to be aware of the source from which you download the app. However, apk files can be helpful for people who don’t have access to Google play store on their devices, or do not like a new update and want to use an older version of an app. Sometimes, it is easier to find the latest versions of apps in APK format on the internet.
To use Kik Apk, you just need to download the APK file from a reliable source and open the downloaded app to install it on your device. Once the installation is complete, you can launch the app and it is ready to use. Here’s a guide to help you do that:
How to download
– Open your browser
– Open Google
– Type in ‘Download KIK Apk”
– Open the first link from the search result or simply visit: https://kik-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android
– Find download link, and download the app on your phone memory or the SD card.
– Once the download is finished, open the apk to install the app on your phone.
– Visit the Google Play Store
– Search for the KIK app in the search bar
– Pick your best option from the search result (usually the first one)
– Download the app.
– Launch it, once download is finished.
How to install
To install the kik APK to your device, first you need to grant permission to run applications downloaded from unofficial sources:
– Open the settings menu on your phone and find the applications option/ privacy settings/ permissions tab depending on your android version.
– Click on the “unknown sources” and then allow permission by clicking OK on any warning or pop up that your phone may show.
– Now Download the KIK messenger app to your phone.
– Once the download is done, locate the app on your phone. It will either be in your phone memory or your SD card. Open download folders, or simply search for the app on your phone to locate it.
– Tap on the APK and select the ‘Open App Manager’ option from the pop up.
– Now you will see an install option, tap on the install button and grant any permissions or any pop ups that your phone may show and your installation will begin.
– Once the app has been installed, you can launch it.
I am not getting notifications for KIK?
– If you are not receiving notifications for your KIK app, it could be for a number of reasons. Here are a few things you can try to fix that:
- Make sure you have a working internet connection. Check to see your device is not on Airplane Mode.
- Force Close the kik app and open it again.
- Force stop the app by opening your settings menu, finding the apps/applications option, selecting kik, and force stopping it from there.
- Reboot your phone/ whatever device you are using.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app. If you don’t, update the app.
- Also make sure that you have the latest version of your operating system. If you don’t, update that too.
- Make sure that your notification setting has been toggled on in your KIK app (main chat list > settings > Notifications
- Also make sure that your phone’s notification settings for the app are toggled on, and that your phone is not on ‘Do not disturb mode’
Sometimes my chats get deleted, what do I do?
– Chats can be deleted from your KIK account if you log out from your account, log in your account from a different phone or device, delete the kik application or deactivate your account. The kik server does not have any back up of chats between two users, for privacy reasons and therefore cannot retrieve your chats once they have been deleted. You can still see your conversation list i.e. chat list, but the messages and media will be gone. If you keep losing your chats due to any other reason you may try out the following measures:
- Force close the KIK app and then reopen it.
- Log out your account from your device and log in again,
- Uninstall the application from your phone and re-install it.
Why can’t I login to my account?
– To successfully log in to your account, make sure of the following things:
- You are using the correct email address or username. You can only login to your kik account with either the exact unique username or the email address that you registered your account with.
- Make sure you are putting in the right password. In case you have forgotten your password, you can retrieve it, by clicking on the ‘Forgot password’ option. A link will be sent to your registered email address, which will allow you to reset your password. Unfortunately, you can’t retrieve your account if you don’t have access to your registered email account.
- Check to see that you have a working internet connection. Make sure that your device is not on Airplane Mode.
If you are doing all three things right, and still you are unable to log in to your account, you can reboot your device, and reopen the KIK app and try to log in again. Alternatively, you can also uninstall the app and re-install it and then try to log in again.
“Connection failed” error on KIK?
– If your kik app keeps displaying a “connection failed’ error, then here are a few steps you can try to fix it:
– Firstly, make sure that you have a working internet connection. Toggle your internet connection off and on again in your phone settings. If you are using cellular data, then disable it and switch to an available Wi-Fi connection. If you are already using a Wi-Fi connection, then either try to switch to an alternate Wi-Fi (like the Wi-Fi at a library or your friend’s Wi-Fi), or disable your phone’s Wi-Fi and switch to the cellular data connection.
– Force close the kik app and then reopen it.
– Uninstall the app and then re-install it.
-Reboot your device.
My kik app is crashing. How do I fix it?
– The kik messenger app has received multiple complaints about the app crashing on iOS and Android updates. So if you are using the iOS 10 or Android 6.0 and above, or if your app keeps crashing anyway, then here are a few steps you can try to fix the problem:
– Force close the app and then re-open it. You can force close apps by opening the running apps feature and closing the kik app from there by swiping it away.
– Make sure you have the latest version of the app, and if you don’t, then you need to update your app.
– Uninstall the kik app from your device and re-install it.
– Make sure you have enough storage on your device. Applications tend to crash and close if there is a lack of space on your phone, so free up some extra storage to run the app smoothly.